Our ‘Explained’ series of posts aims to simplify the information surrounding vegan nutrition. This article discusses B12.
- B12 is important and you should ensure you are getting enough
- It is not a hoax made up by anti-vegans
- You can not get reliable and sufficient amounts of B12 through natural plant foods
- The best and easiest way to get adequate amounts of B12 is via supplementation
- You can top up B12 levels via fortified foods but it’s not as reliable and comes with a side of unwanted extras such as sugar and preservatives